- Get connected to your neighbours and your neighbourhood.
- Meet new people from diverse backgrounds and build a stronger social and professional network.
- Gain skills and experience that will make your job or post-secondary education applications stand out.
- Put your unique skills and abilities to work supporting your local police.
- Learn about crime and safety in your community and what you can do to keep your family, friends and property safe.
So whether you are a young adult considering a career in law enforcement; a retiree looking for a way to use your skills and experience to give back to your community; a recent immigrant wanting to meet new people and get to know your new home; or just someone who wants to help the police create safer, healthier neighbourhoods, the Kamloops RCMP has volunteer opportunities that will help you reach your goals while supporting the police in working to reduce crime and enhance public safety.
Volunteers interested in Crime Watch, Speed Watch, Community Crime Prevention, or Business Watch must be:
- At least 16 years old with a valid BC Driver’s License. (Please note: applicants under 19 years old must submit RCMP form 5272 as part of their application.)
- Willing and able to obtain an RCMP security clearance and pass a suitability interview.
- Proficient in English and/or French
- Willing to commit to the program for a minimum of 2 years
- Willing to commit 50 hours of volunteer time a year
- Willing to attend a minimum of 3 general membership meetings per year
Volunteers for Block Watch must be:
- At least 19 years old
- Willing and able to pass an RCMP Police Information Check
- A resident of Kamloops