Important Change to Home Owner Grant Applications
Municipalities can no longer accept retroactive or new applications for the Home Owner Grant. All homeowners must apply directly to the Province. For more information and to apply, visit the BC Government's website.
BC Property Tax Deferment Program
The Province of British Columbia Property Tax Deferment Program allows homeowners to defer the payment of their annual municipal property taxes.
To qualify for the Property Tax Deferment Program, you must:
- Be 55 years of age or older OR a surviving spouse OR a person with disabilities as defined in the Regulations to the Land Tax Deferment Act
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident under the Immigration Act (Canada)
- Have lived in British Columbia for at least one year prior to applying
- Apply on the home in which you live
- Have a minimum equity of 25% in your home based on assessed values as determined by BC Assessment