Utilities Billing

Water, sewer, and garbage statements are mailed semi-annually for all flat rate utility accounts. Semi-annual payments are due in full by the last working day of March and September.

For all utility clients with water meters, statements are mailed quarterly. Quarterly payments are due in full on or before the applicable due dates in order for the customer to avoid interest charges.

Register for MyCity to have easy online access to all your City accounts, including Utility Accounts. All you need is a computer with internet access and a valid email address!

Launch MyCity


Payment Options

There are several ways to pay your utility bill. If paying by cheque, make cheques payable to the City of Kamloops.

Monthly Direct Debit

Amounts are automatically withdrawn from your bank account on the last day of each month. Learn more about the Pre-Authorized Withdrawal System.

Online Payment

Pay online with Visa or Mastercard at Kamloops.ca/Payment. A non-refundable 1.75% service fee will apply.

Pay Online

Telephone, Online, or In-Person Banking

Contact your financial institution for instructions. Please be aware of your bank’s processing time. Payment needs to be received by the City by the due date.

How to Pay Using Online Banking

On your bank's website, log into your bank account and go to “PAY BILLS”. Select “ADD A PAYEE”. In the search bar, enter “Kamloops”. Click “search” to view the full list of available payees. The payee name for the City of Kamloops utility bills varies from bank to bank. Select the payee name that relates to the City of Kamloops utility bills. You will then be able to enter an account number.

For online banking purposes, your payee account number is your Utility account number which is located in the top right hand side of your notice.

Always verify that the account number set up for your City of Kamloops utilities payee matches the account number on your current utilities bill before making a payment. If the account number for that payee does not match your bill, update the payee account number with the account number found on your utility bill, as described above.

Utility account numbers are attached to the property, NOT the owner. Please ensure that you are not paying for a property you no longer own, and update your bank records accordingly.

In Person at City Hall

Cash, cheque, debit card, Visa or Mastercard. Credit card payments are subject to a non-refundable 1.75% service fee.


Mail early to avoid a penalty! Payment must be received by the due date. The postmark is not accepted as the date of payment. Your cancelled cheque is your receipt. Submit payments to:

City of Kamloops Revenue Division
7 Victoria Street West Kamloops,
BC V2C 1A2

Drop Box

Available 24 hours a day at City Hall and during facility hours at the Tournament Capital Centre and North Shore Community Policing Office. Drop Boxes are located in the main reception area of their respective buildings and are visible from the reception desk. All payments with proper paperwork submitted to a drop box by a payment deadline will be documented as being on time.

Frequently Asked Questions
I pay through the PAWS monthly installment program, do I have to do anything else?

You will have to read your quarterly statements to see if your payments are changing as the bills are recalculated each quarter. If there is no change to your payment, there will be no message on your statement.

The December 31st payment will be the payment that will reconcile your account to zero, so the amount may be more than your regular PAWS. Please ensure that you have the funds in your bank account on December 31, if there is a balance owing.

What happens if I pay late?

If your payment is not paid by the due date, there will be a 1% penalty added to the outstanding amount for a total of 12% per annum. Payments must be received by the City on or before the applicable due dates in order to avoid interest charges.

Why are my Utilities transferred to Property Taxes?

Any outstanding balance on your utility account as of December 31st is transferred to your property taxes as arrears, Sec 245(1) of the Community Charter.