Each year, City Council formally acknowledges individuals who have dedicated their time and service to the City. The selected citizens receive an Exemplary Service Award as formal recognition of their contributions to the community.
The nomination deadline for 2022 Exemplary Service Awards is 4:30 pm on March 14, 2022.
Nominations are accepted in two categories:
- Young adult - under 30
- Adult - 30 and over
The following Selection Criteria will be applied:
- Nominees will have demonstrated commitment to various endeavours or services to the community over a period of time.
- Present members of Council, City staff, and groups do not qualify for nomination.
- Individuals who have received the Freedom of the City, a Centennial Medal, or a previous Exemplary Service Award will not qualify.
- Nominees will have been residents of the City of Kamloops during their service to the community.
- Nominations will not be accepted from family members of nominees.
- The nominee’s service should be considered to be a voluntary contribution to the growth and development of the community or the well-being of its citizens.