Crime Prevention Volunteers
The City of Kamloops Crime Prevention team is looking for motivated citizens committed to serve the community as part of the Crime Prevention team. The following positions are available:
- Auxiliary Constable - Volunteers promote community-based policing and assist RCMP Regular Members with some of their general duties.
- Citizens on Patrol (COP) - Volunteers work in pairs and act as additional eyes and ears for the police. They patrol their community and observe and report suspicious occurrences to Kamloops RCMP.
- Speed Watch - This educational program is aimed at reducing incidences of speeding. Volunteers monitor speeds in high-visibility and high-volume areas to raise awareness about the actual speeds drivers are traveling.
Interested applicants can contact:
Sandro Piroddi, Crime Prevention Coordinator
City of Kamloops
Email: email@example.com or Phone: 250-828-3578
There are many opportunities to get involved with your community and the City of Kamloops.
- Volunteer with our Crime Prevention team
- Become a Snow Angel
- Get involved in one of our Neighbourhood Safety programs
- Join your Community Association (or start one if it doesn't exist yet!)
- Sit on a Council Committee (see above)
- Become an Auxiliary Firefighter
- Volunteer with Emergency Support Services