Sustainable Kamloops Green Team Volunteer Program
The City of Kamloops Sustainability Team is looking for motivated citizens who are enthusiastic about sustainable initiatives and are committed to serve the community through various initiatives including, but not limited to promoting waste reduction, water conservation, active transportation, and air quality.
Read the full Green Team Volunteer description for details of the role and responsibilities and required skills and training.
Crime Prevention Volunteers
The City of Kamloops Crime Prevention team is looking for motivated citizens committed to serve the community as part of the Crime Prevention team. The following positions are available:
- Citizens on Patrol (COP) - Volunteers work in pairs and act as additional eyes and ears for the police. They patrol their community and observe and report suspicious occurrences to Kamloops RCMP.
- Speed Watch - This educational program is aimed at reducing incidences of speeding. Volunteers monitor speeds in high-visibility and high-volume areas to raise awareness about the actual speeds drivers are traveling.
Interested applicants can contact Danielle Odiorne via email or call 250-376-5099.
- Auxiliary Constable - Volunteers promote community-based policing and assist RCMP Regular Members with some of their general duties.
Interested applicants can contact Kevin Beeton via email or call 250-828-3264.
There are many opportunities to get involved with your community and the City of Kamloops.
- Volunteer to be a Green Team member for our Sustainability Team
- Volunteer with our Crime Prevention team
- Become a Snow Angel
- Get involved in one of our Neighbourhood Safety programs
- Join your Neighbourhood Association (or start one if it doesn't exist yet!)
- Become an Auxiliary Firefighter
- Volunteer with Emergency Support Services