Engagement Groups Call for Community Volunteers
The City of Kamloops is seeking applications from Kamloops residents who are interested in serving on a volunteer basis for the following engagement groups, which support the work of various Council committees.
Engagement groups meet at least four times per year. They are working/advisory groups that consist of City staff and representatives from the public. The City is looking for community members with the following experience and attributes:
- experience in the particular Engagement Group’s related fields or sectors
- experience working with City staff on plans, projects, and initiatives
- demonstrated independent and innovative thinkers
- proven collaborators who offer constructive ideas in group dialogue
- demonstrated track record of commitment to the community
Development Cost Charges Engagement Group
Current openings for 2 community members for a one-year term (at least 6 meetings per year)
This engagement group supports the work of the Development and Sustainability Council Committee, which is chaired by Councillor Singh. To apply, please email Emily Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the information listed below.
Heritage Engagement Group
Current opening for 1 community member for a one-year term (at least 4 meetings per year)
This engagement group supports the work of the Community Services Council Committee, which is chaired by Mayor Christian. To apply, please email Crystal Gelineau at email@example.com and include the information listed below.
Parks Engagement Group
Current openings for 3 community members for a two-year term (at least 4 meetings per year)
This engagement group supports the work of the Civic Operations Council Committee, which is chaired by Councillor Dudy. To apply, please email Modesta Luca at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the information listed below.
UJI Engagement Group
Current opening for 1 community member for a two-year term
This engagement group supports the work of the Community Relations Council Committee, which is chaired by Councillor Sinclair. To apply, please email Jody Lewis at email@example.com and include the information listed below.
How to Apply
Please send an email to the staff liaison listed above by 4:00 pm, Friday, May 24, 2019, with the following information:
- email subject line: "______ Engagement Group Application" (make sure to add the name of the engagement group)
- include a cover letter indicating the engagement group you are applying for and detailing how your experience and/or attributes meet the needs of the group
- attach a brief resumé detailing your experience
Sustainable Kamloops Green Team Volunteer Program
The City of Kamloops Sustainability Team is looking for motivated citizens who are enthusiastic about sustainable initiatives and are committed to serve the community through various initiatives including, but not limited to promoting waste reduction, water conservation, active transportation, and air quality.
Read the full Green Team Volunteer description for details of the role and responsibilities and required skills and training.
Crime Prevention Volunteers
The City of Kamloops Crime Prevention team is looking for motivated citizens committed to serve the community as part of the Crime Prevention team. The following positions are available:
- Citizens on Patrol (COP) - Volunteers work in pairs and act as additional eyes and ears for the police. They patrol their community and observe and report suspicious occurrences to Kamloops RCMP.
- Speed Watch - This educational program is aimed at reducing incidences of speeding. Volunteers monitor speeds in high-visibility and high-volume areas to raise awareness about the actual speeds drivers are traveling.
Interested applicants can contact Danielle Odiorne via email or call 250-376-5099.
- Auxiliary Constable - Volunteers promote community-based policing and assist RCMP Regular Members with some of their general duties.
Interested applicants can contact Kevin Beeton via email or call 250-828-3264.
There are many opportunities to get involved with your community and the City of Kamloops.
- Volunteer to be a Green Team member for our Sustainability Team
- Volunteer with our Crime Prevention team
- Become a Snow Angel
- Get involved in one of our Neighbourhood Safety programs
- Join your Neighbourhood Association (or start one if it doesn't exist yet!)
- Sit on a Council Committee
- Become an Auxiliary Firefighter
- Volunteer with Emergency Support Services