- *NEW LINK* Unsure of how to complete your Financial Disclosure Statement when submitting your Nomination Documents? Visit "What municipal official nominees must disclose" here.
- Campaign financing and advertising rules can be found here.
- A list of important dates can be viewed here.
- Elections BC: Questions on campaign financing and advertising rules should be directed to Elections BC at 1-800-661-8683 or email@example.com.
- Signs: The City of Kamloops Sign Regulation Bylaw No. 11-77 can be found here.
- While regulations around Political Signs are covered in Division 6 - Special Purpose Signs, of Bylaw No. 11-77, note that the bylaw applies to political signs in its entirety. Candidates and their teams are encouraged to pay particular attention to Division 3 - General Provisions.
- Sign size is regulated by the type of sign, i.e., sandwich board, marquee, billboard, etc., rather than by the purpose of the sign.
- Political/Election/Campaign signs are not to be installed on lawns or grass that are maintained by the City.
- Candidate’s Guide to Local Elections (guide for candidates about elected office and the election process including rules, qualifications, and key dates)
- Thinking About Running for Local Office? (information for candidates about elected office)
- General Local Elections 101 (information about the election process and participants)
- What Every Candidate Needs to Know (overview for candidates about how to run for office)
- Local Government in BC - A Community Effort (Overview of what a local government is and does - 2015)
- Supporting a Candidate for Local Elections (ways and rules for supporting a candidate)
- Scrutineers Guide to General Local Elections (*NEW brochure for those volunteering as scrutineers)
- Elector Organization Guide to Local Elections (overview of elector organizations in local elections)
Elections BC – Local Elections Campaign Financing
- Guide to Local Elections Campaign Financing in BC for Candidates and their Financial Agents
- Local Elections Campaign Financing Act
All queries and registrations related to campaign financing, election advertising, and third party advertising must be directed to Elections BC.