Skip to main content Skip to main menu Skip to footer
In the News
- May 18, 2022 - Kamloops and the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc win national municipal collaboration award for Building Relationships Towards Reconciliation
- Oct 8, 2021 - Banner year for building bond between Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc and City of Kamloops
- April 13, 2020 - Tk'emlups working to help residents amid pandemic
- "Kamloops Mayor Ken Christian and Casimir recently released a joint video, outlining response measures to the pandemic and continued communication between the band and city. Casimir said the two leaders continue to stay in touch on a regular basis. We have an excellent relationship with the City of Kamloops, she said."
- April 5, 2019 - Day of Sucwentwecw honours Secwépemc community
- March 11, 2019 - Chief and Mayor proud of relationship between band and city
- “I think that we focus on what we can do rather than what the obstacles are,” Mayor Ken Christian says. “I feel a commitment as mayor and Kúkpi7 Casimir feels a commitment as chief to continue this relationship in a very positive way, and we treat it as a government-to-government relationship.” The meeting ended with both governments gifting the other a flag."
- Feb 26, 2019 - Tk’emlups, City sign Cultural Heritage Letter of Understanding
- Nov 5, 2018 - Welcome to the Xget'tem' Trail in Kamloops
- July 27, 2018 - If you fix it, they will come: Tk'emlups, City of Kamloops partner to repair old ball field
- "Tk’emlups Chief Fred Seymour lauded the band’s relationship with the city as one of which other cities and bands are envious. Christian said the good relationship between the city and the band doesn’t come by accident. We listen to each other and we respect each other’s jurisdiction and I think that gets us to a place where we can do projects together."
- July 27, 2018 - Tk’emlups partners with City of Kamloops to renovate Tyee Park
- Jun 11, 2018 - Kamloops transit to expand to Tk’emlups te Secwepemc reserve and Sun Rivers