City Newsletter is a publication that is included with the quarterly utility bills. It features information and updates on things happening at the City that we want you to know about.
In the Spring 2021 edition of the City Newsletter, Discover several ways to provide input into the strategic directions for the North Shore Neighborhood Plan, Learn how to report crime online, and find out what projects to watch out for in our upcoming construction season.
- Winter 2021 - learn how to provide input on the design of a new residential curbside organic waste collection program, find out how to get the most out of your next home renovation, and check out the new and improved Canada Aquatic Games Centre.
- Fall 2020 - learn about the City’s new Renovate Smart program, contribute to the conversation on Zoning Bylaw reviews and Community Climate Action planning, meet our new and improved City Map, and discover what the Mayor’s Task Force on Economic Recovery and Renewal has been up to throughout the pandemic.
- Summer 2020 - Discover how you can provide input to both the North Shore Neighbourhood Plan and the Cemetery Master Plan and Bylaw Update, plus learn how to participate for a chance for your photo to be featured in the 2021 City Calendar.
- Spring 2020 - Read about the changes to the property tax deadlines and penalties in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, learn where your tax dollars go, how they are calculated, and more.
- Winter 2020 - Find out what the February 20 Public Budget Meeting is all about; learn about the Kamloops Centre for the Arts Referendum; read about the various ways to get in touch with the City; discover mobile apps that allow you to report issues, pay for parking by phone, and receive garbage day notifications; and more.
- Fall 2019 - Find out what the November 27 Public Budget Meeting is all about, read about the various ways to get in touch with the City (for example, to report an issue or talk to Council), learn about safe asbestos removal practices, discover snow clearing facts, and more.
- Summer 2019 - Learn about how the City develops its budget, discover various ways to get in touch with the City (for example, to report an issue or talk to Council), find out about home energy rebates, and more.
- Spring 2019 - Learn about how property taxes are calculated and what affects the tax rate, read highlights of Council's Strategic Plan 2019-2022, and more.