The City of Kamloops is a contributing member of the Kamloops Air Quality Roundtable, a collaborative initiative of the BC Ministry of Environment, Interior Health, First Nations Health Authority, local and First Nation governments, industry, Thompson Rivers University and other groups. The Fraser Basin Council serves as secretariat.
The roundtable is working to:
- raise public awareness of air quality issues;
- support implementation of the City of Kamloops Airshed Management Plan;
- identify and address air quality monitoring gaps;
- support post-secondary research;
- continue existing air quality monitoring partnerships and;
- implement and measure impacts of initiatives to improve air quality, such as industry initiatives, anti‑idling programs, woodstove programs, and open burning bylaws.