Kamloops Air Quality Roundtable
The City of Kamloops is a contributing member of the Kamloops Air Quality Roundtable, a collaborative initiative of the BC Ministry of Environment, Interior Health, First Nations Health Authority, local and First Nation governments, industry, Thompson Rivers University, and other groups. The Fraser Basin Council serves as secretariat.
The round table is working to:
- raise public awareness of air quality issues
- support implementation of the City of Kamloops Airshed Management Plan
- identify and address air quality monitoring gaps
- support post-secondary research
- continue existing air quality monitoring partnerships
- implement and measure impacts of initiatives to improve air quality such as industry initiatives, anti‑idling programs, woodstove programs, and open burning bylaws
Air Quality Health Index
- View the current and forecast AQHI for Kamloops.
- Register for the provincial air quality advisory and smoky skies bulletin.
- Access the BC AQHI to view values for communities throughout BC.
- Download the AQHI Canada app to access air quality health information from your mobile device.