The Downtown Plan is an update to City Centre Plan 2005 and will provide a framework to guide planning and land use management for the Downtown, Sagebrush, and West End neighbourhoods over a 20-year time frame.
The Downtown Plan will offer detailed guidance on the location and types of housing, shops, offices, and other types of development and land uses envisioned for the area. The plan will also provide direction on what parks; community facilities; plazas and public spaces; and the future road, transit, and active transportation networks within the plan area will look like.
Phase 2 of the Downtown Plan review and update process is now complete. Please see below for documents that summarize key themes and results from Phase 2 community engagement activities, the Downtown Design Charrette process, and the 4th Ave Plaza pilot project.
City staff are reviewing Phase 2 engagement feedback and will use this information to develop draft land use options and policy directions for the Downtown, Sagebrush, and West End neighbourhoods. Stay tuned for more opportunities to provide input in the coming months.
How can you participate? Visit the Downtown Plan webpage at Let’s Talk Kamloops to share your voice and shape our city.
- 4th Ave Plaza Pilot Project Community Feedback Summary
- 4th Ave Plaza Pilot Project Community Feedback Summary Appendices
- Downtown Plan Phase 2 Community Engagement Summary Report
- Downtown Plan Phase 2 Community Engagement Summary Report Appendices
- Downtown Plan Charrette Summary Report
- Downtown Plan Charrette Summary Report Appendices
- June 13, 2018: Downtown Plan Public Lecture Presentation by Robert Barrs
- June 16, 2018: Downtown Plan Open House Presentation by Robert Barrs
- City Centre Plan 2005
Share Your Voice. Shape Our City.
Be empowered! We invite you to visit Let’s Talk Kamloops, our new online engagement site where you can contribute your ideas and feedback specifically to the Downtown Plan as well as other City projects. Follow the progress of the Downtown Plan, view opinions and input from other residents, vote on ideas, and be a part of how the community contributes to this exciting City project.
Here you will find:
- Online engagement and community input
- Upcoming events and key dates
- Project phase timeline
- Photos, key documents, and survey links
- Downtown Plan email subscription