You must be a permanent resident of the City of Kamloops (see eligibilty boundary map) and meet ONE (1) of the options below:
- Receive Income Assistance from the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation (MSDSI)
- Have an annual income that is below the Statistics Canada Low Income Guidelines (See Application Form for Low Income Guidelines)
- Receive a Canadian Pension or Long-term Disability that is below the Low Income Guidelines
- Photo ID - BC Driver's License or other photo ID
- 2nd piece of ID - Birth Certificate or Care Card
- Proof of where you live - Current utility bill (BC Hydro, telephone or cable TV bill)
- Proof of income - MSDSI confirmation OR your latest Canada Customs and Revenue Agency’s Notice of Assessment for each adult in the house
The ARCH program runs from August 9 - July 31. People who apply after February 1 get $150, because the program cycle is half over.
ARCH credits can be used for City of Kamloops Activity Guide programs and/or to buy memberships for the TCC, Westsyde Pool and Fitness Centre, and Kamloops Museum & Archives. ARCH clients pay 15% of the price for Activity Guide programs –your ARCH credit is used to pay the rest.
TIP: You can pay more than 15% of the program price to make your ARCH credit last longer.
If you withdraw from a program you will have to pay the standard $10 withdrawal/cancellation fee. IMPORTANT: If you miss three classes in a row without letting us know, YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE ARCH PROGRAM.
If your program is cancelled, your ARCH credit will be put back into your account.
No, everyone has their own account and ARCH credit. Using another person’s ARCH credit is NOT allowed.
Yes, but you must buy a Punch Card or facility pass at the Tournament Capital Centre or Westsyde Pool & Fitness Centre. Outdoor pools DO NOT have access to your account.