To Deputy Mayor Singh & Mr. Byron McCorkell
Western Canada Baseball Championship Success
On behalf of Sean Wandler, KMBA board and myself, we thank you for all the support from the City of Kamloops. Your parks staff this past weekend were probably one of the highlights with our out of town guests. The entire weekend we heard comments on how amazing the fields were and the pride shown by your city staff prepping the fields and over seeing the maintenance through out the park. I heard a few people say they were taking photos back to their city to 'up their game' on their baseball fields. :)
The support from other departments were instrumental with the outcome of hosting a first class event - IT Dept with lending old devices so we could play music at each field, Bylaws support with a few unwanted folks, Ryan Turner in the sign shop, the McArthur Island Parks staff and Sean Smith & Shawn Cook.
As an association the lasting impact of giving our athletes the opportunity to partake and be exposed to this Westerns event was a lifetime experience. The exposure for all athletes across the Western provinces was immeasurable. I firmly believe Kamloops is officially on the map for the best place in Canada (and some of the US) to host baseball tournaments!!! The Western Baseball Canada reps definitely believe this as well.
I'd like to share a few comments/emails/tweets that have come our way.
- "Props to everyone involved for putting on a top notch event" - Tweet
- "Diamonds represent nicest facility ever seen – Major League Perfect" – Tweet
- "What a facility!" – Tweet
- "Best facility in Western Canada and community spirit like no where else" - Tweet
- "First class event, hard work was noted and appreciated from all the volunteers" – Saskatoon A's coach
- "Outstanding job, very successful Westerns, facilities amazing, well organized, City of Kamloops was clearly behind you" – Campbell River team manager
- "Volunteers at scorekeeping table we great right through the entire weekend." – Parent from Manitoba 15u AA
- "My daughter said this was the best time of her life. They have traveled to many tournaments in the states and none came close to this" – Parent from 14u Girls Team Alberta
- "Amazing job hosting"
- "I told my boys that this was their biggest reward in winning Provincials--to come play baseball in Kamloops" - 13u AA Sask coach
- "This is better than any National event we have ever attended!"
Please accept my heartfelt thank you for your support in hosting a highly successful prestigious event with the utmost class! I am so proud & very grateful to have worked with all your city staff on this event.
Director at Large KMBA