Residential Collection Schedule
Residential recycling and garbage is collected on a weekly basis in five designated collection zones. To ensure garbage and recycling is collected, residents are reminded that under the City’s Solid Waste and Recyclables Bylaw No.40-59, garbage and recycling carts are to be placed at the curb by 7:00 am on designated collection days and to observe Bear Smart guidelines when applicable.
Click to sign up for collection day reminders with the Waste Wise Kamloops app. You can also view the 2023 Collection Zone Map by clicking the button below.
New for 2023 - Dual-Pass Collection
Have you noticed more than one collection truck going past your house lately? Or maybe it appeared one of your bins didn’t get collected? It’s not a mistake! Read more about the new collection system.
How to Place Your Carts
- During the winter, place containers in an area free of ice and on the road side of snow piles and windrows. View our video below!
- Containers are to be placed at curbside by 7:00 am on collection day when they are at least half full.
- Container lids must be completely closed for pickup. Do not overfill containers or compress items. Cut down large cardboard pieces.
- Containers must be kept clean.
- Secure all containers on private property on non-collection days.
- During Bear Smart Season (Apr. 1–Nov. 30), do not set containers out before 4:00 am and do not accumulate bear attractants (Bylaw No. 40-59).
- For damaged and missing containers or for more information, please call 250-828-3461.
Missed a Pickup?
Here are some reasons why your bins were not emptied:
- Carts were not out by 7:00 am on collection day.
- Carts were placed too close to obstacles such as parked cars, fences, trees, overgrown vegetation, or other carts.
- Carts were overfull and the lid was not fully closed. Is your container the right size?
- Carts contained unaccepted items. Not sure what goes where? Use our Waste Wise app.