These rebates are offered in partnership with CleanBC and BC Hydro to help Kamloops residents prepare for the transition to electric-powered transportation.
Receive up to $500 when you purchase and install an eligible Level 2 EV charger for a single-family home, duplex, or townhouse with a private garage or dedicated parking area.
- Provincial base rebate: 50% of the purchase and installation costs up to $350
- City of Kamloops top-up: 25% of the cost up to $150
- Total combined: Up to 75% of the costs up to $500 (whichever is less)
Note: These offers are available to eligible rebate applicants on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to apply:
- Buy and install your charger. Be sure to keep all receipts and invoices to submit with your rebate application.
- Submit your application through BC Hydro within 90 days of charger installation. If you’re a Kamloops resident installing the charger within City limits, the eligible top-up value will automatically be added to your Provincial base rebate amount.
If you live in a multi-family building such as an apartment or condo, rebates are available to help strata councils or building owners prepare to become EV ready. An EV-ready building can accommodate requests for EV charger installations by ensuring that some or all parking spaces have ready access to a power supply. There are also standalone EV charger rebates available.
EV-Ready Plan Rebate:
Up to $4,000 for an EV-ready plan completed by a registered professional engineer. This plan outlines a strategy to make at least one parking space per residential unit EV ready and is required in order to be eligible for the EV-Ready Infrastructure Rebate*.
- Provincial base rebate: Up to $3,000
- City of Kamloops top-up: Up to $1,000
- Total combined: Up to 75% of the costs up to $4,000 (whichever is less)
EV-Ready Infrastructure Rebate*:
Up to $120,000 of costs to install the electrical infrastructure required to implement the building’s EV-ready plan.
- Provincial base rebate: Up to $600 per EV ready-made parking stall
- City of Kamloops top-up: Up to $100 per EV ready-made parking stall
- Total combined: Up to $700 per EV ready-made parking stall and a project maximum of $120,000
*Note: You cannot apply for the EV Ready Infrastructure Rebate unless you have previously applied for an EV-Ready plan rebate or are applying for it at the same time.
EV Charger Rebate**:
- If your building has participated/applied for the EV-ready plan and infrastructure rebates: Up to $1,400 per charger, up to a maximum of $14,000 per apartment/condo complex.
- If your building has not participated/applied for the EV-ready plan and infrastructure rebates, a standalone rebate is available: Up to 50% of the costs up to a maximum of $2,000 per charger, and up to a maximum of $14,000 per apartment/condo complex.
**Note: There is no municipal top-up available for the multi-family building EV Charger Rebate.
Note: All rebate offers are available to eligible rebate applicants on a first-come, first-served basis.
Do you live in a condo building and want to champion EV charging in your building? Below are some helpful links from BC Hydro and Plug In BC: