Free Family Literacy Swim
Monday, January 22, 6:00-8:00 pm at Westsyde Pool!
Code of Conduct
- Be respectful of others, their beliefs, opinions, belongings and feelings.
- Be respectful of directions given by staff or volunteers.
- Be respectful of the facility and equipment inside and outside.
- Ensure our conversation, behavior and language is appropriate for a public facility that caters to all cultures, diversities, and age groups.
- Drugs, alcohol and items that would be deemed as weapons are prohibited on site.
- Please report any witnessed misconduct or suspicious activity to facility staff.
Health and Safety Rules
Before Entering the Pool:
- Ensure that you are not ill, including diarrhea, vomiting, open sores, bandages, head colds, discharging ears or noses, or infected eyes
- Secure all personal items
- Take a cleansing shower
- Wear clean and appropriate bathing clothes
- Remove outdoor footwear
- Ensure those not toilet-trained wear a swim diaper
When in the Pool, please:
- Respect all posted rules and instructions given by lifeguards and staff
- Adhere to our Code of Conduct
- Do not run, fight, or engage in activities that may cause injury
- Do not dive into shallow water - safely dive only in designated area.
- Do not do flips or back dives from pool deck
- Do not eat, chew gum or bring glass into the pool area
- Do not use or be under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants
Supervision of Children:
- All children less than 7 years of age must be accompanied in the water and closely supervised (within arm’s reach at all times) by a responsible person who is at least 16 years of age
- A maximum of 3 children less than 7 years of age can be supervised by one responsible person who is at least 16 years of age
Report to the Lifeguard or Pool Management:
- Any injury suffered while in the pool enclosure
- Any contamination or fouling (e.g. urination or defecation) of the pool
- Any witnessed misconduct or suspicious activity