- Pre-registration no longer required for public swimming at Canada Games Aquatic Centre and Westsyde Pool.
- Pre-registration still required for:
- Brock Pool (this will remain for the entire 2021 season)
- AquaFit at Canada Games Aquatic Centre and Westsyde Pool
- Adapted Leisure Swims at Westsyde Pool
- Steam room, sauna, and waterslide will reopen at Canada Games Aquatic Centre
- Steam room, sauna, and hot tub will reopen at Westsyde Pool.
Westsyde Pool & Fitness Centre: View the current schedule and rates.
Canada Games Aquatic Centre: View the current schedule and rates.
Brock Pool: View the current schedule and rates.
Swimming lesson programs are available at the Canada Games Aquatic Centre, Westsyde Pool, and Brock Outdoor Pool. Please note that parents or caregivers of all preschool aged children and children in Swim Kids levels up to and including Swim Kids 3 will need to be in the water with their children throughout the entirety of the swimming lesson. Instructors will be teaching from the pool deck to be able to offer four spots in each lesson, which will total eight people in a lesson at one time with the parents in the water assisting with their child's learning.
Find lesson schedules at Kamloops.ca/PerfectMind.
- Be respectful of others and their beliefs, opinions, belongings, and feelings.
- Be respectful of directions given by staff or volunteers.
- Be respectful of the facility and equipment inside and outside.
- Ensure your conversation, behaviour, and language are appropriate for a public facility that caters to all cultures, diversities, and age groups.
- Drugs, alcohol, and items that would be deemed as weapons are prohibited on site.
- Please report any witnessed misconduct or suspicious activity to facility staff.
Before entering the pool:
- Ensure that you are not ill, including diarrhea, vomiting, open sores, bandages, head colds, discharging ears or noses, or infected eyes.
- Secure all personal items.
- Take a cleansing shower.
- Wear clean and appropriate bathing clothes.
- Remove outdoor footwear.
- Ensure those not toilet-trained wear a swim diaper.
When in the pool, please:
- Respect all posted rules and instructions given by lifeguards and staff.
- Adhere to our Code of Conduct.
- Do not run, fight, or engage in activities that may cause injury.
- Do not dive into shallow water—safely dive in designated areas only.
- Do not do flips or back dives from the pool deck.
- Do not eat, chew gum, or bring glass into the pool area.
- Do not use or be under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants.
Supervision of children:
- Children aged 6 years or under must always be accompanied in the water and be within arm's reach of a parent or other person aged 16 years or older. The ratio of children aged 6 years or under to parent/guardian must be no greater than three to one.
Report to the lifeguard or pool management:
- Any injury suffered while in the pool enclosure
- Any contamination or fouling (e.g. urination or defecation) of the pool
- Any witnessed misconduct or suspicious activity