The Canada Games Aquatic Centre is proud to host the 2018 BC Winter Games Diving Venue. The diving boards and water slide will only be open after competition on Saturday, Feb.24: 6:30-9:00 PM. Swimming lessons are in-session and all other services are open.
- Be respectful of others, their beliefs, opinions, belongings and feelings.
- Be respectful of directions given by staff or volunteers.
- Be respectful of the facility and equipment inside and outside.
- Ensure our conversation, behavior and language is appropriate for a public facility that caters to all cultures, diversities, and age groups.
- Drugs, alcohol and items that would be deemed as weapons are prohibited on site.
- Please report any witnessed misconduct or suspicious activity to facility staff.
Before Entering the Pool:
- Ensure that you are not ill, including diarrhea, vomiting, open sores, bandages, head colds, discharging ears or noses, or infected eyes
- Secure all personal items
- Take a cleansing shower
- Wear clean and appropriate bathing clothes
- Remove outdoor footwear
- Ensure those not toilet-trained wear a swim diaper
When in the Pool, please:
- Respect all posted rules and instructions given by lifeguards and staff
- Adhere to our Code of Conduct
- Do not run, fight, or engage in activities that may cause injury
- Do not dive into shallow water - safely dive only in designated area.
- Do not do flips or back dives from pool deck
- Do not eat, chew gum or bring glass into the pool area
- Do not use or be under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicants
Supervision of Children:
- All children less than 7 years of age must be accompanied in the water and closely supervised (within arm’s reach at all times) by a responsible person who is at least 16 years of age
- A maximum of 3 children less than 7 years of age can be supervised by one responsible person who is at least 16 years of age
Report to the Lifeguard or Pool Management:
- Any injury suffered while in the pool enclosure
- Any contamination or fouling (e.g. urination or defecation) of the pool
- Any witnessed misconduct or suspicious activity