The 2022 Firefighter recruitment drive has now concluded. Thank you to all who have submitted an application.
At the City of Kamloops, we believe in progressive and barrier free recruitment for everybody everyday. This means employment opportunities for all in a safe, inclusive and diverse workplace. We know our city is stronger when we hire qualified individuals from different backgrounds with diverse experiences, cultures and perspectives.
All applicants are considered, regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical and mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political belief or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offence unrelated to their employment.
- You can only submit an online application form and résumé.
- You need to be successful at each stage of the selection process to advance to the next stage and be considered for hire.
- If you are unsuccessful at any step throughout the testing process, you will be informed via email that you cannot continue in the current recruitment process.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your application package is complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If you intentionally misrepresent yourself or your qualifications, knowingly withhold information or are deceitful at any stage in the process, your application will be withdrawn.
- Unless your contact information changes during the recruitment process, no phone calls or emails please. All information you need can be found on this page and on our recruitment page.
- The 2022 recruitment competition closed on Friday, July 29, 2022 at 11:59 pm. The eligibility list will be completed on September 27, 2022.
Forms, Checklist, and FAQs: