The Strategic Health Alliance (SHA) is a partnership between the City of Kamloops and Interior Health. The goal of the partnership is to support rehabilitation exercise programming and to build capacity for programming through facility use and program development.
This is a one year, multidisciplinary risk factor reduction clinic, suitable for:
- Primary Prevention: Challenging Risk Profile, two or more risk factors
- Secondary Prevention: Post MI, Heart Failure, PAD, Cardio/Vascular condition (see referral for complete information)
- Primary Prevention: Stable Hypertension, Stable Diabetes, Dyslipidemia, Metabolic Syndrome
- Mild to Moderate Depression/Anxiety
- No established cardiovascular disease
Jennifer Edgecombe and Kathryn Brisco
8:30am - 10:45am on Thursdays
- COPD (mild-severe)
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Chronic Asthma
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Other lung conditions
Phone: 250-312-3280 ext 43242
- Women with a diagnosis of Cancer
- Men with cancer
Two programs are available:
- Strength based exercise
- Yoga progamming
Keep on Moving has been developed in conjunction with the City of Kamloops and Interior Health.
The Keep On Moving program serves as a resource for community members to identify safer exercise options close to home. Whether you are new to exercise, getting started again or simply looking for a gentle exercise option, Keep On Moving has an exercise program to meet your individual needs.