Within city limits, all dogs six months or older require a licence. Licences are available at Bylaw Services, City Hall, or online (only for existing accounts).
2021 Dog Licence Renewal Notice have been sent. Renewals are due by December 31, 2020.
In an effort to continue to reduce its impact on the environment, remain fiscally responsibly, and improve public service, the City has updated its system to allow for dog owners to register for an electronic renewal notice rather than a standard notice sent through Canada Post.
MyCity is an online portal for Kamloops residents that provides detailed account information for taxes, utilities, dog and business licence accounts; payment processing for dog and business licence accounts; e-billing, and access to current and past bills and account payment history.
Not on MyCity yet? Register for new accounts at Kamloops.ca/MyCity. Existing account users can login and update their e-billing option by selecting dog licensing as an e-bill option.
Purchasing a New Dog Licence
If you are licensing your dog for the first time, you will need to register for a dog licence account.
- Complete and submit the Dog Licence Registration form.
- A Bylaw Services Clerk will contact you shortly with your new account confirmation. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with your account information and a copy of your invoice.
- Login to MyCity with your new account information and submit payment. Alternatively, you can visit Bylaw Services (1303 Mission Flats Road) or City Hall (7 Victoria Street West) to pay for your dog licence.
- You will receive your new licence tags in the mail. Tags are valid for the life of your dog. Replacement tags are available for $15 each. Annual licence fees apply.
Renewing an Existing Dog Licence
If you were mailed a reminder to renew your dog licence, you have all of the information you need about your account to renew your dog licence online.
- Login to MyCity with the account information on your renewal notice and submit payment. Alternatively, you can visit Bylaw Services (1303 Mission Flats Road) or City Hall (7 Victoria Street West) to pay for your dog licence.
- You will receive your new licence tags in the mail. New in 2020: Tags are valid for the life of your dog. Replacement tags are available for $15 each. You will no longer receive new tags each year. Annual licence fees still apply.
Dog Licence Fees
- $65 - each un-neutered or un-spayed dog
- $30 - each neutered or spayed dog
- $105 - each kennel or hobby kennel
- $105 - each nuisance and/or potentially dangerous dog
- $205 - each aggressive dog
Lost Dog Licences
A replacement licence may be purchased for a cost of $15 at the Bylaw Services Office (1303 Mission Flats Road).
Dog Licences From Another Municipality
Out-of-town dog licences are not valid; however, a replacement licence is available for any dog currently licensed in another municipality at a cost of $15.