Share page

Bylaw Complaints

How Issues are Processed

All issues/complaints are placed into a calls-for-service system that forwards the concern to the appropriate department. Issues that deal with public safety issues will be dealt with first.

Once a Community Services Officer has concluded their investigation into your concern, the information is entered back into the system for tracking purposes. The Community Services Officer will then contact you with the results of the investigation.

Filing a Complaint: What We Need From You

Before we can act on your complaint, we will require your name, address, and phone number. This information is kept strictly confidential, and no names are given out until such time as the matter is heard in Provincial Court.

The specifics of your complaint are also required: the address and name of the property owner (if possible) where the bylaw infraction took place will be beneficial to the investigating officer.

If you have a concern regarding a bylaw infraction, you have several options available to register a complaint:

  • Phone 250-828-3409
  • Email us
  • Send a letter outlining your concerns to: Community Services, City of Kamloops, 1303 Mission Flats Road, Kamloops, BC, V2C 1A9

Submit a Complaint

Our business hours are 8:30 am–4:30 pm, closed between 12:00–1:00 pm. If you call and leave a voicemail, please leave your name, phone number, and a brief description of your issue.

Standard Operating Guideline for Bylaw Enforcement

In order to address complaints in a fair and consistent manner, this guideline has been developed to provide guidance to staff and the general public regarding bylaw enforcement.

Standard Operating Guideline