The Strategic Health Alliance is a partnership between the City of Kamloops and Interior Health. The partnership's goal is to support rehabilitation exercise programming and to build capacity for programming through facility use and program development.
This is a one-year, multi-disciplinary risk factor reduction clinic that is suitable for:
- Primary Prevention: challenging risk profile, two or more risk factors
- Secondary Prevention: post MI, heart failure, PAD, cardio/vascular condition (see referral for complete information)
- Primary Prevention: stable hypertension, stable diabetes, dyslipidemia, metabolic syndrome
- Mild to moderate depression/anxiety
- No established cardiovascular disease
8:30–10:45 am on Thursdays
Charlie Fornelli and Kathryn Brisco
- COPD (mild to severe)
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic ssthma
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Other lung conditions
Phone: 250-312-3280, ext 43242
Keep on Moving has been developed in conjunction with the City of Kamloops and Interior Health.
The Keep On Moving program serves as a resource for community members to identify safer exercise options close to home. Whether you are new to exercise, getting started again, or simply looking for a gentle exercise option, Keep On Moving has an exercise program to meet your individual needs.
According to BC Cancer, regular exercise is safe and recommended before, during and after cancer treatments.
The City of Kamloops employs a number of Qualified Exercise Professionals to support you to use exercise to manage and reduce many common side effects of cancer treatments. Increase energy, improve strength and fitness, enhance mood and optimize recovery.
Learn more about our cancer support programs: