An External Training Policy is in place for the Tournament Capital Centre and the Westsyde Pool and Fitness Centre. This policy applies to any personal trainers, instructors, and therapists providing one-on-one training services in City facilities. All External Trainers utilizing City of Kamloops facilities must be registered prior to providing services.
For more information, contact us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: 250-828-3698
To start the registration process as an External Trainer, review the External Training Policy.
Once you have reviewed the document, ensure you meet all the requirements to complete the process (see next section: Required Documentation).
Please contact the Healthy Living and Wellness Coordinator to pick up the required documentation to complete your Police Information Check. You will then book an appointment to review the policy and supporting documents. No training may be started prior to completing the process.
Prior to using a City facility as a training facility, External Trainers are required to meet with the Healthy Living and Wellness Coordinator and provide original copies of the following documentation for photocopying:
- Current recognized certification as a personal trainer and/or an undergraduate degree in Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Exercise Science, or related field;
- Current First Aid, CPR - Level C and AED certificates;
- A minimum of $2,000,000 Commercial General Liability insurance with the City of Kamloops included as an additional insured;
- City Business License;
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening;
- Full facility annual or monthly adult membership if training at the Tournament Capital Centre (TCC) or Westsyde Pool and Fitness Centre (includes signing a liability waiver).
No, the City does not collect fees from registered External Trainers on a session basis. Your cost for training at City facilities is included in your purchase of a full facility annual or monthly adult membership.
Once you have completed all of your required documentation, including completed Police Information Check, the process can be completed quickly if you are in communication with the Healthy Living and Wellness Coordinator. We aim to provide you access as soon as possible once all documentation is received and complete.
Yes, regardless of whether you are providing training services free of charge or on a volunteer basis, you must be registered. To maintain a standard of high quality training services for all patrons, prospective trainers must complete the registration process.