Share the Park
Always show respect for other park users. Families, cyclists, skiers, walkers, bird watchers and joggers have a right to enjoy clean, safe parks too. Other dogs and people may not appreciate your dog approaching them.
Keep Your Distance From Playgrounds and Playing Fields
Dogs are not permitted near playgrounds, picnic areas, wading pools, water parks or playing fields. Also please note that dogs are not allowed in local schoolyards. Dogs are only allowed within parks listed in this directory. Safety is your responsibility.
Protect Wildlife, Protect The Environment
Do not allow your dog to chase wildlife, dig holes or wander without supervision. Protect our natural environment - keep your dog away from natural wetlands and other sensitive areas. Leave no trace of your visit.
Off-Leash Dog Parks Etiquette
- Owners are expected to have voice control over their dogs.
- The dogs should be fully capable of passive interaction with people and other dogs.
- When visiting an off-leash park, keep a leash on the dog in the parking lots and around populated areas. Take off the leash only after you are inside the fenced park.
- Owners must carry a leash at all times.
- If your dog becomes unruly or plays rough, leash him and leave immediately.
- Be cautious about bringing your dog's favourite toy to the dog parks - other dogs may try and take it causing an unwelcome confrontation.
For information on dog licencing and responsible pet ownership click here.