The KMA’s archives preserve and provide access to the records of the activities of Kamloopsians from 1863 to the recent past. It includes a substantial collection of photographs, books, papers, maps, and architectural drawings contributed by our community.
Tuesday to Friday, 1:15–4:00 pm by appointment only. Please contact the Archivist by email at museum(at)kamloops.ca
***The Archives will be closed the following days: Wednesday December 23rd and Thursday December 24th, 2020. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The Archives Reading Room is on the 2nd floor of the KMA.
Archival records related to Kamloops and area:
- City of Kamloops records
- Rare books collection
- Maps and architectural drawings collection
- Microfilmed newspapers
- Newspaper special collection
Access to digital copies of some of our microfilmed newspaper collection can be found on NewsHound.
- Historical Articles Index
- Reference books
- Subject files
- Biographical files
- Cemetery Interment Search cemeteries database for Kamloops, records date back to 1900
- TNRD Library for census and vital statistics (birth, death and marriage certificates) on microfilm
- BC Archives to search for vital statistics
|Photocopies (letter)||$0.25/page, $0.10/page for students|
|Photocopies (legal)||$0.50/page, $0.25/page for students|
$1.00/page, $0.50/page for students
|High-Resolution Scanned Image (digital file)||$15.00/image|
|Extra usage fee - commercial publication||$30.00/image|
|Postage & Handling fee||Consult Staff|
|RESEARCH SERVICES (conducted by archives staff)|
|Long distance research (1 hour min, 3 hour max)||$40.00/hour (postage & photocopying fees extra)|