The KMA’s archives preserve and provide access to the records of the activities of Kamloopsians from 1863 to the recent past. It includes a substantial collection of photographs, books, papers, maps, and architectural drawings contributed by our community.
Tuesday to Friday, 1:15–4:00 pm or by appointment.
The Archives Reading Room is on the 2nd floor of the KMA.
Archival records related to Kamloops and area:
- City of Kamloops records
- Rare books collection
- Maps and architectural drawings collection
- Microfilmed newspapers
- Newspaper special collection
Access to digital copies of some of our microfilmed newspaper collection can be found on NewsHound.
- Historical Articles Index
- Reference books
- Subject files
- Biographical files
- Cemetery Interment Search cemeteries database for Kamloops, records date back to 1900
- TNRD Library for census and vital statistics (birth, death and marriage certificates) on microfilm
- BC Archives to search for vital statistics
|Photocopies (letter)||$0.25/page, $0.10/page for students|
|Photocopies (legal)||$0.50/page, $0.25/page for students|
$1.00/page, $0.50/page for students
|High-Resolution Scanned Image (digital file)||$15.00/image|
|Extra usage fee - commercial publication||$30.00/image|
|Postage & Handling fee||Consult Staff|
|RESEARCH SERVICES (conducted by archives staff)|
|Long distance research (1 hour min, 3 hour max)||$40.00/hour (postage & photocopying fees extra)|