The KMA’s archives preserve and provide access to the records of the activities of Kamloopsians from 1863 to the recent past. It includes a substantial collection of photographs, books, papers, maps, and architectural drawings contributed by our community.
Tuesday to Friday, 1:15–4:00 pm or by appointment.
The Archives Reading Room is on the 2nd floor of the KMA.
** The Archives will be closed on Tuesday October 8th, Tuesday October 15th, Thursday October 31st, and Friday November 1st, 2019. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Archival records related to Kamloops and area:
- City of Kamloops records
- Rare books collection
- Maps and architectural drawings collection
- Microfilmed newspapers
- Newspaper special collection
Access to digital copies of some of our microfilmed newspaper collection can be found on NewsHound.
- Historical Articles Index
- Reference books
- Subject files
- Biographical files
- Cemetery Interment Search cemeteries database for Kamloops, records date back to 1900
- TNRD Library for census and vital statistics (birth, death and marriage certificates) on microfilm
- BC Archives to search for vital statistics
|Photocopies (letter)||$0.25/page, $0.10/page for students|
|Photocopies (legal)||$0.50/page, $0.25/page for students|
$1.00/page, $0.50/page for students
|High-Resolution Scanned Image (digital file)||$15.00/image|
|Extra usage fee - commercial publication||$30.00/image|
|Postage & Handling fee||Consult Staff|
|RESEARCH SERVICES (conducted by archives staff)|
|Long distance research (1 hour min, 3 hour max)||$40.00/hour (postage & photocopying fees extra)|