Swim registration for Saturday's and Sunday's only will now be required for Westsyde Pool beginning on February 13. Pre-registration will be available on Monday, February 8. Swimmers are able to register online at Kamloops.ca/PerfectMind or by calling 250-828-3655.
Pre-registration will open on Monday's for bookings for the following weekend. For example, registration opens Monday, February 8 for the weekend of February 13 and 14, and so on.
Pre-registration is required for all public weekend swims at Westsyde Pool and all public swims at the Canada Games Aquatic Centre until further notice.
If you do not have a PerfectMind account already with the City, please register online at Kamloops.ca/PerfectMind.
Westsyde Pool and Fitness Centre is open for use.
Please note that all children aged 13 years and younger must be accompanied in the pool by an adult to help monitor physical distancing.
We ask that you do not enter the Westsyde Pool and Fitness Centre if you’re feeling ill, if you’ve been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, or if you’ve recently travelled outside of the country. Please practise physical distancing and good hygiene. Please be patient, be respectful to staff and other patrons, and abide by set time limits on equipment.
Westsyde Pool & Fitness Centre Hours of Operation
Updated November 24, 2020: Aquafit has been canceled until further notice. Leisure swim times have opened up in place of Aquafit until further notice.
COVID-19 Operational Adjustments at Westsyde Pool and Fitness Centre:
- Until further notice, all children aged 13 years and younger must be accompanied in the pool by an adult to help monitor physical distancing.
- Debit or credit is preferred, however cash is accepted.
- Guests using the gym and fitness centre are encouraged to leave their valuables at home and to come ready to work out as there will be no access to change rooms.
- Change rooms are available for the pool use only because the BC Health Act requires showers be open for pool users.
- For the safety of our guests, there will be a 12-person limit per room in the gym. Expect lineups, be patient, and allow ample time for your visit.
- As per Interior Health guidelines, hot areas are closed and water fountains will be turned off, but the water bottle refill station will be open. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own water bottles.
Facility Rates - Effective January 1, 2021
Pool & Fitness Centre
(1 punch per person)
- Rates include access to pool and fitness centre.
- Children aged 3 years and under swim for free.
- Children aged 6 years or under must always be accompanied in the water and be within arm's reach of a parent or other person aged 16 years or older. The ratio of children aged 6 years or under to parent/guardian must be no greater than three to one.
- A family is a maximum of two adults and all the children under 18 years of age who live in the same residence. A legally dependent person with a disability will qualify regardless of age.
- The family punch card can only be used for adult admission when swimming with an eligible child or a legally dependent person with a disability.
- Patrons with a disability pay the age rate and their care aide is admitted for free.