Westsyde Pool and Fitness Centre is now open for use. Please note that all children aged 13 years and younger must be accompanied in the pool by an adult to help monitor physical distancing.
We ask that you do not enter the Westsyde Pool and Fitness Centre if you’re feeling ill, if you’ve been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, or if you’ve recently travelled outside of the country. Please practise physical distancing and good hygiene. Please be patient, be respectful to staff and other patrons, and abide by set time limits on equipment.
Four Family Swim times have been generously donated by the Westsyde Community Development Society on November 28, December 5, December 12, and December 19. Each date consists of two 1.5 hour sessions with a half hour break in between for cleaning.
Westsyde Pool & Fitness Centre Hours of Operation
Updated November 24, 2020: Aquafit has been canceled until further notice. Leisure swim times have opened up in place of Aquafit until further notice.
COVID-19 Operational Adjustments at Westsyde Pool and Fitness Centre:
- Until further notice, all children aged 13 years and younger must be accompanied in the pool by an adult to help monitor physical distancing.
- Debit or credit is preferred, however cash is accepted.
- Guests using the gym and fitness centre are encouraged to leave their valuables at home and to come ready to work out as there will be no access to change rooms.
- Change rooms are available for the pool use only because the BC Health Act requires showers be open for pool users.
- For the safety of our guests, there will be a 12-person limit per room in the gym. Expect lineups, be patient, and allow ample time for your visit.
- As per Interior Health guidelines, hot areas are closed and water fountains will be turned off, but the water bottle refill station will be open. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own water bottles.
(1 punch per person)
- Rates include access to pool and fitness centre.*
- Children aged 3 years and under swim for free!
* Please click here for information on Westsyde Pool memberships during the closure.
- Children aged 6 years or under must always be accompanied in the water and be within arm's reach of a parent or other person aged 16 years or older. The ratio of children aged 6 years or under to parent/guardian must be no greater than three to one.
- A family is a maximum of two adults and all the children under 18 years of age who live in the same residence. A legally dependent person with a disability will qualify regardless of age.
- The family punch card can only be used for adult admission when swimming with an eligible child or a legally dependent person with a disability.
- Patrons with a disability pay the age rate and their care aide is admitted for free.