Due to updated Provincial Health Officer (PHO) restrictions, pre-registration is now required for individual fitness in our facilities. Prior to visiting the fitness centre, patrons are required to register online at Kamloops.ca/PerfectMind and read and agree to follow the User Safety Protocols.
Unscheduled visits will not be allowed entry. Reserve a time slot through our online booking system under "Drop-in".
Items to note before registering or entering the facility:
- Masks are mandatory at all times, including while you exercise.
- Change rooms are open; however, lockers are unavailable for bags or personal items. Wallet lockers are available for small items.
- Physical distancing of 2.5 meters is required at all times during exercise and 2 meters at all other times.
- Spotting for weightlifting is not permitted, unless patrons reside in the same household.
- Patrons must wipe equipment after each use.
For more information on the provincial regulatory changes click here.
Swim registration is only required for Saturday and Sunday swim times at Westsyde Pool. Swimmers are able to register online at Kamloops.ca/PerfectMind.
Pre-registration will open on Monday morning for bookings for the following weekend. For example, registration opens Monday, March 8 for the weekend of March 20 and 21, and so on.
Pre-registration is required for all public weekend swims at Westsyde Pool. If you have any diffculty regiserting online please call 250-828-3616.
If you do not have a PerfectMind account already with the City, please register online at Kamloops.ca/PerfectMind.
Westsyde Pool and Fitness Centre is open for use.
Please note that all children aged 13 years and younger must be accompanied in the pool by an adult from their Core Bubble to help monitor physical distancing.
We ask that you do not enter the Westsyde Pool and Fitness Centre if you’re feeling ill, if you’ve been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, or if you’ve recently travelled outside of the country. Please practise physical distancing and good hygiene. Please be patient, be respectful to staff and other patrons, and abide by set time limits on equipment.
Westsyde Pool & Fitness Centre Hours of Operation
Updated November 24, 2020: Aquafit has been canceled until further notice. Leisure swim times have opened up in place of Aquafit until further notice.
COVID-19 Operational Adjustments at Westsyde Pool and Fitness Centre:
- Until further notice, all children aged 13 years and younger must be accompanied in the pool by an adult to help monitor physical distancing.
- Debit or credit is preferred, however cash is accepted.
- Guests using the gym and fitness centre are encouraged to leave their valuables at home and to come ready to work out as there will be no access to change rooms or lockers at this time.
- Change rooms are available for the pool use only because the BC Health Act requires showers be open for pool users.
- As per Interior Health guidelines, hot areas are closed and water fountains will be turned off, but the water bottle refill station will be open. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own water bottles.
Facility Rates - Effective March 5, 2021
Pool & Fitness Centre
- Rates include access to pool and fitness centre.
- Children aged 3 years and under swim for free.
- Children aged 6 years or under must always be accompanied in the water and be within arm's reach of a parent or other person aged 16 years or older. The ratio of children aged 6 years or under to parent/guardian must be no greater than three to one.
- A family is a maximum of two adults and all the children under 18 years of age who live in the same residence. A legally dependent person with a disability will qualify regardless of age.
- The family punch card can only be used for adult admission when swimming with an eligible child or a legally dependent person with a disability.
- Patrons with a disability pay the age rate and their care aide is admitted for free.