Snow Angels is a program where neighbourhood-based volunteers are paired with seniors or residents with limited mobility who need snow removed from their pathways, stairs, sidewalks, and driveways. Snow angels is an opportunity for neighbours to engage with one another.
Volunteer to Clear Snow
We have over 300 people waiting for a neighbour to help them out this winter! If you or your organization is interested in this citywide volunteer effort, please call 250-372-8313 or email email@example.com.
Register for Snow Clearing
If you are a senior or individual with limited mobility, please contact Volunteer Kamloops to register at 250-372-8313 or visit the Volunteer Kamloops website for more information.
Yard Waste Pickup Program
The yard waste pickup program is now part of the United Way's Better at Home program operated by Interior Community Services, and eligibility criteria has changed.
This program is intended to help keep low-income seniors in their homes longer. Residents must be 65 years of age or older, and must have proof of income (2017 income tax verification). Income threshold is $25,000 for a single or $38,000 for a couple. Please call 250-828-0600 for details.
- Yard waste will be picked up for senior citizens (65 yrs and older) once in the spring (April and May) and once in the fall (September and October).
- Yard waste is defined as:
- Leaves, grass clippings, and minor prunings from trees and shrubs.
- Prunings must be shorter than four feet. Large branches from trees which have had major pruning work or where the tree has been completely removed will not be picked up. A chipper machine is not available.
- Yard waste must be bagged, tied/bundled, and easily accessible (at the curb, roadside, or alley outside fence) and must not exceed what would normally fit into the rear of a half ton pick up truck.
- Bags containing trash or other sanitation material will not be picked up.
- If the prunings are not from your property, they will not be collected.
- Pick ups will be scheduled for Fridays only.