The 2023 Winter Activity Guide is now online and features aquatic, recreation, sport, fitness, art, and cultural programs for people of all ages and abilities. Programs within the guide will run January through March.
New programs being offered for the winter season include Snowshoeing, Try it! Laser Biathlon for Adults, Baby Steps: A Wellness Program for New Mothers, Pilates for Kids, Declutter and Decorate your Home Series: Bedroom Addition, and many others.
Swim lesson schedules are not available in the guide. Lesson schedules will be available online in advance of registration day at Kamloops.ca/Swim or visit the Tournament Capital Centre or Westsyde Pool and Fitness Centre to pick up a physical copy of the winter swim lesson programming after November 30. Lessons will transition from Red Cross Swim to the Lifesaving Society’s Swim for Life® program for 2023, and a transition guide can be found at Kamloops.ca/Swim.
Registration for winter programs, including swim lessons, will be available on Tuesday, December 13, starting online at 6:30 am at Kamloops.ca/Register. Starting at 10:00 am, residents may register by phone at 250-828-3500 or in person at one of the following locations:
- Tournament Capital Centre - 910 McGill Road
- Westsyde Pool and Fitness Centre - 859 Bebek Road
- Kamloops Museum and Archives - 207 Seymour Street
A recreation account is required to register online, by phone, or in person. Residents are reminded to prepare in advance of registration day and set up a recreation account by visiting Kamloops.ca/Register or calling 250-828-3500.
The online registration system is a user-friendly way to register for programs on any device at any time of day. The system’s features include:
- a family account feature to keep track of your whole family's activities and schedules in one place
- personalized accounts that allow you to track your activity history and more
- robust search functions that will allow you to search for an activity by keyword, age, day, time, or location
- ability to view class availability and immediately book online
View the online Activity Guide and learn more about this season’s programs at Kamloops.ca/ActivityGuide.
A hard copy of the guide will be delivered in the November 30 edition of Kamloops This Week.