Kamloops, BC – When it comes to culture, Canadians love expressing themselves!
Celebrating its 8th Anniversary, Culture Days will be celebrated in hundreds of cities and towns from coast to coast, with thousands of free activities from a wide range of disciplines, including visual arts, music, dance, theatre, architecture, heritage, film and video, literature, culinary arts, and new media.
Kamloops residents will join the rest of Canada and BC in celebrating this year’s Culture Days September 29 through October 1. Culture Days features free participating and interactive art and culture activities presented by individual artists, groups, and organizations.
There will be a number of free events happening in Kamloops for this annual, three-day national celebration, including the following:
- The local chapter of the Federation of Canadian Artist - art exhibition at the Old Courthouse and artist demonstrations throughout the three days, 10:00 am-4:00 pm
- Kamloops Makerspace - grand opening of the new CLAYSPACE pottery studio, tour the facility and demonstrations on key equipment (laser cutter, 3D printers, vinyl cutter, and much more)
- Kamloops Child Development Centre - multicultural celebrations
- Big Little Science Centre - Natural Art: Beautiful Bubbles on Friday
- Kamloops Art Gallery - artist talk with Holly Ward
- Western Canada Theatre - open dress rehearsal for the Million Dollar Quartet
- Kamloops Museum & Archives - free admission Friday and Saturday; learn to needle felt and make cards
- Fibre Art Network - Meet the artists on Saturday in the Old Courthouse Main Gallery
- Cvetozar Vutev - Baroque and bluegrass violin workshop on Saturday morning
- The Dance Community of Kamloops - discover your love of dancing, from Salsa Rueda, Rumba, and Lindy Hop to West Coast Swing on Saturday night
- Kamloops Drum Connection - Fun with the Drum workshop on Sunday
- Kamloops Chamber Musician of Kamloops - enjoy the sounds of baroque and bluegrass music, 7:00 pm on Sunday at St. Andrew’s on the Square