Kamloops, BC – The Grasslands Boulevard extension is now open, completing the connection from Batchelor Drive to Westsyde Road. In addition to the construction of the new road, this project included drainage, lighting, and water service improvements as well as the installation of a new sidewalk.
The following are important changes for motorists:
- To make the intersections as safe as possible:
- Woodhaven Drive and McQueen Drive can only be accessed from Westsyde Drive.
- Woodhaven Drive and McQueen Drive cannot be accessed Grasslands Boulevard.
- Access from Woodhaven Drive and McQueen Drive to Grasslands Boulevard is limited to right-turn only.
- Alpine Terrace now terminates at Grasslands Boulevard. There is no access from Alpine Terrace onto Grasslands Boulevard.
- The section of Alpine Terrace west of Grasslands Boulevard has been renamed Grasslands Place.
In conjunction with this project, a new traffic signal was installed at Grasslands Boulevard and Westsyde Road, which went into operation in November.
The City of Kamloops appreciates the patience and co-operation of residents during this project.
Capital Projects Manager
City of Kamloops