Spring has finally arrived in Kamloops, and, as the snow melts, the City is preparing the sports fields, courts, and nature trails for the upcoming 2019 season.
The following sports fields will be opening in the upcoming weeks:
- Warner Rentals Field at Hillside Stadium (artificial field) - currently open
- Rugby pitch at Exhibition Park - March 23
- Minor baseball fields - April 1
- Slo-pitch fields - April 13
- Soccer fields - April 13
- All School District No. 73 fields - April 13
The tennis and pickleball courts at Riverside and Exhibition Park will be opening the week of March 25, with all other courts opening by April 1.
All outdoor park and facility washrooms will also be open by April 1.
While all nature trails are open for the season, snowmelt means that many of the trails are still muddy and prone to erosion. Please avoid muddy trails when possible until they dry up.
The City asks that residents please stay off of the sports fields and school fields until the start of the season to prevent any damage to the turf.