The City of Kamloops is now accepting Community Art Grant applications from non-profit organizations. This grant is available for projects that promote development and awareness of the arts in our community.
Applications must be received before 4:00 pm on Friday, April 5, 2019. Submission of an application does not guarantee funding support.
The Community Art Grants are allocated once a year. In 2018, $30,000 in funds were available, and 11 organizations were awarded funding to assist with their projects.
The following organizations received funding in 2018:
• Arnica Artist Run Centre - funds assisted with exhibition programming and community outreach
• Chimera Theatre Society - funds assisted with the production of The Grimm Tale of the Brothers Grimm
• Kamloops Arts Council - funds assisted with Kamloops Arts Council’s 50th anniversary - Phase II
• Kamloops Central Business Improvement Association - funds assisted with Artisan Alive Music program
• Kamloops CFBX 92.5 FM Radio - funds assisted with Connection: The Art of Storytelling
• Kamloops Music Collective - funds assisted with the development of commissioning a new piece of music for students enrolled in the Kamloops Interior Summer School of Music
• Kamloops Society for the Written Arts - funds assisted with Words Alive Kamloops Festival
• North Shore Business Improvement Association - funds assisted with the expansion of the annual Overlanders Day Family Festival and picnic
• Project X Theatre Productions - funds assisted with the outdoor summer theatre festival X-Fest 2018 at Prince Charles Park
• Thompson Nicola Shuswap Chapter of the Federation of Canadian Artists - funds assisted in maintaining its presence with the community through education and an exhibition
• Vivace Choral Society - funds assisted with the performance of Bach’s Mass in B-Minor with the Brandenburg Orchestra
Online applications can be found at Kamloops.ca/Grants.