The City of Kamloops Social and Community Development Section is seeking applications from Kamloops residents who are interested in serving on the Social Planning Engagement Group on a voluntary basis. To enhance current membership, residents at large and members of the public with expertise in industries outside of the social service industry, including business, trades, and health care, are encouraged to apply.
The Social Planning Engagement Group meets monthly to assist and support the Community Services Committee with social issues in the community. The engagement group, which consists of nine representatives from the public, makes recommendations and provides input on a wide variety of social planning and community well-being initiatives
The Social Planning Engagement Group assists and supports the Community Services Committee by, among other things:
- providing coordination and support for the committee’s activities
- providing information and professional advice for the committee’s consideration
- gathering public input for matters coming within the committee’s mandate and reporting that information to the committee
- assisting in the advancement of the Kamloops Social Plan
- identifying social planning priorities
- providing input with respect to annual social planning grants
- providing input with respect to social planning issues
If you are interested in applying for a position on the Social Planning Engagement Group, please submit an online application at Kamloops.ca/Volunteer by April 30, 2022.
For specific information related to the Social Planning Engagement Group, please contact Renata Mrema, Social Development Coordinator, at email@example.com .