As the Province of BC moves into Phase 3 of its Restart Plan, the City of Kamloops will be adjusting operations accordingly. Effective July 1, 2021:
Public Spaces and Facilities
- Masks will not be mandatory in City facilities; they will be welcomed for anyone who would like to wear one, and will be recommended for those who are not fully vaccinated (you are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after your second immunization).
- Residents are asked to not enter any City facility if you are feeling ill.
- Physical barriers and directional traffic flow will remain in place at some facilities.
- Parks and community halls will be available for booking for organized gatherings in accordance with public health guidelines.
Recreation, Health, and Wellness
- All gyms and recreation facilities will return to regular capacity.
- Showers, lockers, and water fountains will be available for use.
- Pre-registration will no longer be required for drop-in programs.
- More spectators will be permitted at indoor and outdoor sporting events in accordance with public health guidelines.
The City requires more time to adjust staffing levels and programming at pools. As such, limited capacity and pre-registration will remain in effect until further notice. More details will be provided in the next two weeks.
We appreciate the public’s patience as we adjust our operations to Phase 3. The City of Kamloops would like to thank residents for their ongoing efforts to protect our community and reduce the spread of COVID-19.