The City of Kamloops is inviting interested non-profit organizations and societies to submit applications for the 2023 Social and Community Development Grants. The application period will open on Monday, October 3, 2022, and will close at midnight on Monday, November 7, 2022.
Funding is available for projects that address priorities identified in the Kamloops Social Plan and/or align with City Council’s strategic goal of livability. Applications may be submitted for operational costs, special projects, special capital expenditures, or one-year seed money for a social enterprise initiative. Applicants are invited to apply for funding up to $30,000.
Projects will be evaluated and awarded based on the quality of application and benefit to the community. Applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- address at least one priority of the Kamloops Social Plan and/or address at least one of the following areas of focus as identified in the City Council Strategic Plan under Livability: Healthy Community, Inclusivity, Places and Spaces, and Safety
- adhere to the principles of the Sustainable Kamloops Plan
- strengthen and enhance the well-being of our community
- promote volunteering, where appropriate
- address social and community issues and concerns
- improve community or agency capacity to meet specific social and/or community needs
- promote cultural understanding, as applicable
- partner with other service providers in the community
- be well publicized in the community
- occur within the City of Kamloops
The City will be hosting two virtual information sessions to explain the grant process and guidelines. Registered charities and not-profit societies interested in applying for a grant are encouraged to register for Information Session 1 on Tuesday, October 4, 9:00–10:00 am, or for Information Session 2 on Wednesday, October 5, 2:00–3:00 pm. Registration for either information session is available at Kamloops.ca/Grants.
The Social and Community Development Grants application process is completely electronic. To access the required 2023 Social and Community Development Grants application materials, please visit the City’s Grants and Funding page at Kamloops.ca/Grants. Applications must be submitted using the online form.
All applicants will be notified if they have been approved or denied in late December after a thorough evaluation process by the Social Planning Engagement Group, which is facilitated by City staff. Final determination of awards will be made public in January 2023.
To read a series of articles on how previous Social and Community Development Grants were used by recipients, visit Kamloops.ca/CityStory. Stories will be added weekly over the next few months.