Kamloops BC – The City of Kamloops is inviting interested non-profit organizations and societies to submit applications for a 2022 Social and Community Development Grant.
Funding is available for projects that address priorities identified in the Kamloops Social Plan and/or align with Council’s Strategic goal of livability. Applications may be submitted for operational costs, special projects, special capital expenditures, or one-year seed money for a social enterprise initiative. Applicants are invited to apply for funding up to $30,000.
Projects will be evaluated and awarded based on the quality of application and benefit to the community. Applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- address at least one priority of the Kamloops Social Plan and/or address at least one of the following areas of focus as identified in the Council Strategic Plan under Livability: Arts, Culture, and Heritage; Healthy Community; Housing; Inclusivity; Places and Spaces; and Safety
- adhere to the principles of the Sustainable Kamloops Plan
- strengthen and enhance our community’s well-being
- promote volunteering where appropriate
- address social and community issues and concerns
- improve community or agency capacity to meet specific social and/or community needs
- promote cultural understanding as applicable
- partner with other service providers in the community
- be well publicized in the community
- occur within the City of Kamloops
The 2022 Social and Community Development Grant application deadline is Monday, November 15, 2021, at 8:00 am. The Social and Community Development Grant application process is completely electronic. To access the required 2022 Social and Community Development Grant application materials, please visit the City’s Grants and Funding page at Kamloops.ca/Grants. Applications must be submitted using the online form.
All applicants will be notified if they have been approved or denied in December after a thorough evaluation process by the Social Planning Engagement Group, which is facilitated by City staff. Final determination of awards will be made December 2021.