October 18 to 24 is Waste Reduction Week, a national event that encourages residents to think about the social, economic, and environmental impacts of consumption and waste.
Tips to reduce waste and create a meaningful impact:
• learn more about the “Circular Economy,” which encourages people to re-use materials
• reduce textile waste by donating or repurposing
• swap out plastics, especially single-use plastics, for “bring-your-own” items
• reduce food waste
• swap, share or repair equipment, electronics, or clothing
• donate or recycle e-waste
Share your waste reduction story and win! Between October 18 and 24, tell us your story in 100 words or less or submit a photo with a caption to be entered to win a daily prize draw of a B.Y.O. Bag (reusable lunch bag and stainless steel straws). Daily entries will be entered into a grand prize draw for one of three $50 gift cards for Downtown Kamloops businesses.
To learn more about Waste Reduction Week and to submit your story, visit Kamloops.ca/WasteReduction.