During the COVID-19 pandemic, we understand how challenging it is to remain active. We have all had to rethink how to keep moving so that we stay healthy - mentally and physically. On National Health and Fitness Day on June 6, we have joined with our amazing partners to provide a number of ways to celebrate.
Free Access to the TCC Indoor Track
The Indoor Track at TCC will be free from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm on Saturday, June 6. Please note there are some restrictions at the track due to COVID-19, including a 180-person occupancy limit and no access to changerooms or lockers. Details available at Kamloops.ca/TCC.
National Virtual Events
Our amazing partner organizations are hosting National Health and Fitness Day events online! Click the links below to find out how you can participate for free.
Friday, June 5
Saturday, June 6
- 7:00 am - Canadian Paralympic Committee: Live on Facebook until 3:00 pm
- 8:00 am - Exercise is Medicine: Virtual high-intensity training class with Certified Instructor Lauren Voss
- 9:00 am - MoveCollective: Interactive online workout
- 9:00 am - ParticipACTION Special edition of Fit Break
Other events are also scheduled throughout the day:
- Fitness Industry of Canada: Full day of activities with workouts and workshops
- YMCA: Full day of activities starting at 8:00 am. An obstacle course for families, low impact body weight workout for beginners, a Tik Tok Dance Challenge and more!
Schedule subject to change. Visit the National Health and Fitness Day website for the most up to date information.
Post a photo of how you are celebrating National Health and Fitness Day for a chance to win prizes.