The City of Kamloops is once again encouraging residents to park their car and grab their bike during GoByBike Weeks, October 21-November 3, 2019. The fall iteration builds on the momentum of the popular springtime Bike to Work Week event, and encourages people to stay active all year long.
In recognition of the event, the City of Kamloops will be reimbursing the costs of any City programs that an individual attends via bike during the two week event. A full list of classes and activities can be found below.
By taking part in GoByBike Weeks this fall, registered Kamloops riders are eligible to win a Trek Marlin 5 bike from Spoke N’ Motion. In addition, participants across BC will have the chance to win a trip for two to the Baltics, sponsored by Exodus Travels. For a chance to win either of these prizes, riders must visit BikeToWork.ca and register a bike ride. Prize winners must be 19 year of age or older.
Ride your bike to any of the following classes between October 21 and November 3 and receive a credit in your PerfectMind account for those sessions. See program details below.
Click the links for class descriptions.
- Drop-in pickleball - October 23, 2:00-4:00 pm
- Beginner pickleball - October 24 & 31, 7:00-9:00 pm
- Women's volleyball - October 22 & 29, 5:45-7:15 pm
- Co-ed volleyball - October 31, 7:30-9:30 pm
- Dance Programs
- Jive - Mondays, 7:00-8:30 pm
- Tap dance - Mondays, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Line dance
- Chorus girls
- Belly Dance - Thursdays, 5:45-6:45 pm
- Latin Hip Hop Dance Mix - Thursdays, 7:00-8:00 pm
- Card Making
- Painting mixed media
- Photography - Wednesdays, 9:30-11:30 am
- Jamaican cooking class - October 22, 6:30-9:30 pm
- Recycle like a Champion - October 23, 10:00 am-12:00 pm
To be eligible for reimbursement, simply ride your bike to your class and inform the instructor. Instructors will record your name and a credit for the class will be applied to your PerfectMind account.
Credit is for the single course date only, not the entire program. Some programs require registration for the duration of the course schedule, and may not be available for drop-in or late registration. See course details in PerfectMind (links above) for fees and course dates.