Everyone is welcome to come celebrate National Public Works Week with the City of Kamloops at a free open house on Saturday, May 25, 10:00 am–2:00 pm, at the Civic Operations Centre, 955 Concordia Way. The event is accessible to visitors via Bunker Road, which will take people to the Civic Operations Centre where stations will be set up. Free family activities include:
- Opportunities to explore trucks and equipment including the City crane, Zamboni and RCMP ATVs
- Aerial high rides in the bucket truck
- Electric vehicle showcase
- Tours of the City’s Greenhouse, Mechanical Shop and Sign Shop
- ECOSmart Team activities, including button-making and information on backyard composting
- Bouncy fire house and face painting
- Kamloops Fire and Rescue, RCMP and By-law information
- “Build a Bridge” with Capital Projects, (hard hats and treats available for children)
- Planter box painting and plant your own seeds to grow (while supplies last)
- Free hot dogs and refreshments
- Door prizes and more!
- Drop-in info session on careers in Public Works at 12:30 pm
Visitors will receive a site map of the event, which will be stamped at each Open House station. People have an opportunity to use their map as a ballot for door prizes including a rain barrel and hanging flower basket. The Overlander Valleyview Lions will also be on site serving free BBQ hotdogs, soda and juice.
We look forward to seeing you there!