The Adopt-A-Road/Adopt-A-Trail program helps to organize volunteers to assist the City with keeping Kamloops' roadsides and nature trails clear of litter. The program, which has been in existence since the 1980s, currently has almost 100 groups and individuals associated with 140 kms of city roads. Volunteers help maintain the beautiful appearance of our community and our environment. New in 2018 is the Adopt-A-Trail program, which allows groups or individuals to help keep the City's trail network litter free.
If you are interested in adopting a section of a City street or a trail, please first review the Adopt-A-Road/Trail contract and then contact us.
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer
- Complete and submit an Adopt-A-Road/Trail Application Form.
- The coordinator will assign you a road or trail section.
- Fill out a supply form to get started on cleaning your road.
Roads & Trails Available for Adoption
When cleaning roadsides, you may notice City infrastructure that needs attention—a bent sign pole, graffiti, etc. Please report anything that needs our attention by using one of the following methods:
Report an Issue Online Form or through the myKamloops App
- Do be careful with glass.
- Do wear gloves.
- Do wear safety vests provided.
- Do use roadside safety signs provided.
- Do inform the City of the location of hazardous materials or items in need of repair.
- Do protect yourself from the sun.
- Do be aware of traffic hazards.
- Do be aware of wood ticks.
- Don't touch any hazardous materials (e.g. car batteries, animal waste such as bones or fur, needles, etc.).
- Do have fun!