Explore your imagination, travel to new worlds and get wild with the KMA!
Birthday parties are even more special when they are hosted at the Kamloops Museum & Archives! All parties include time in a private party room plus themed crafts or activities as well as time to explore both the Children's Museum and the museum galleries.
All Parties Include:
- Exclusive 2-hour use of the party room. (The first hour will include games and activities facilitated by your host. The final hour can be dedicated to gifts, cake and exploring the galleries with adult chaperones.)
- Trained museum staff to facilitate party
- Themed crafts and activities – all supplies included
- Time to explore the museum’s galleries and children’s museum
- Photo booth
Two themes to choose from:
Lions, Tigers and Bears – Oh My! Bring out your wild side when our learning lab is transformed into a jungle oasis for you and your friends. Dress up in ears and tails to become your favourite animal and craft your own stuffed animal friend to bring home with you.
Down the Rabbit Hole Tea Party
Bring your imagination as you travel down the rabbit hole to a topsy-turvy tea party. What happens when your imagination takes over? Dress up and create your own parasol then have your photo taken in our photo booth. Delight in your own tea party with your friends and learn the secrets to hosting the perfect Victorian tea party.
- $130 plus tax for 10 children (including birthday child)
- Additional children $10/per child must have consent before bringing extra children and no refund will be given if children do not attend.
- The party will not be confirmed until payment is received in full and the event contract is signed.
- No refunds if cancellation is less than 72 hours notice.
- If change of date is required it must be done two weeks prior to the original date.
- There is no kitchen facility at the KMA nor do we have a refrigerator. Please plan accordingly. Food is permitted to the museum for the party, as long as all food stays within the party room. Coolers with ice to keep items cold are permitted. Please note that warmers, chaffing dishes, Crock-Pots, hot plates, microwaves, etc. are not permitted.
Decorations & Entertainment:
- Balloons, banners or decorations taped to any painted/finished surfaces, duct work or ceilings is not permitted.
Dropping off and picking up children:
- The party start time is stated on the contract. . Please ask all children attending the party to arrive on time, as any time spent waiting for late arrivals may take away from your program time. Children who are late being picked up are the responsibility of the party organizer, not the museum.
There are some rules that we ask all program participants to abide by:
- Use inside voices
- Use walking feet inside the building.
- The artifacts on display are for viewing only. The interpretive guide will grant permission if certain artifacts can be touched.
- Respect boundaries such as ropes, fences and signs to protect sensitive areas and to keep the visitors safe.
- Guests are responsible for bringing food, cake, drinks, and paper products.
- Guests have access to the birthday room 15 minutes before the scheduled party time for set up and 15 minutes after for clean up.