Grant Deadline: March 22, 2018, at 4:00 pm
For grant inquiries, please contact Natalie Serl, Social Development Specialist, at 250-828-3758 or . email@example.com
Your application will be evaluated on the following criteria and considerations:
- Social Impact: Demonstrate measurable ways you create change, solutions, and outcomes for a clearly articulated social issue. Demonstrate your local impact. Show how you can deliver a solution that works. Traction is essential. Demonstrate how your product or service is already (or very close to it) making a difference.
- Sustainability: Demonstrate your ability to generate revenue (not grants and donations). Show your ability to consistently deliver the solution without exhausting financial and other resources. Improve sustainability compared to the current status quo.
- Team: Ideas often fail because of poor leadership. Demonstrate a strong team, relevant experience, and supportive advisors and/or partners. Also consider the team outside of your organization and demonstrate how you collaborate with others.
- Innovation: Demonstrate how you address an old problem in a new, effective way. Show how your solution works today, tomorrow, and in the future. Demonstrate the power of your innovation and demonstrate its scalable impact.
- Presentation: Tell a clear story. Connect to the emotional side of your social issue as well as the rational side of a sustainable solution. Attach a pitch deck or storytelling deck to your submission. Download Pitch Deck Template.
You will be invited to “pitch” your idea to Social Planning Council members to express your application in person. You could be asked questions relating to who your customers are, the social impact of your enterprise and how you measure it, your partners, sustainability, what collaboration means to you, etc.
The evaluation of your pitch will form part of the overall evaluation of your application.