Vaccination Clinic Update
A portion of the TCC Fieldhouse will be closed to the public to support the provincial vaccination efforts for COVID-19. The partial closure will start on March 19 and last until September 2021, or until Interior Health no longer requires the space for mass vaccinations. Read more.
Operational adjustments are outlined below and will be updated as needed. All other areas of the TCC, including the Fieldhouse north floor, gym, and the pool, will remain open for regular use.
Patrons at the TCC can expect the following adjustments:
- modified access points to the Fieldhouse floor
- “half-track” walking loop
- reduced exercise stations
- no drop-in basketball or table tennis
We ask that you do not enter the TCC if you’re feeling ill, if you’ve been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, or if you’ve recently travelled outside of the country. Please practise physical distancing and good hygiene. Fencing, directional signage, and floor markings will delineate flow throughout the building. Please be patient, be respectful to staff and other patrons, and abide by set time limits on equipment.
COVID-19 Operational Adjustments
- Facility hours are subject to change based on provincial guidelines and restrictions.
- Regular rates apply. Debit or credit only is preferred, however cash is accepted.
- Guests are encouraged to leave their valuables at home and to come ready to work out as there will be limited access to changerooms. There are a limited number of coin-operated lockers available ($0.25 each).
- For the safety of our guests, there will be a 90-person limit for the Fieldhouse. Give yourself extra time for parking, observe parking reserved for clinic visitors, expect lineups, be patient, and allow ample time for your visit. Check out the webcams at Kamloops.ca/FacilityWebcams before you go.
- As per Interior Health guidelines, water fountains will be turned off, but the water bottle refill stations will be open. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own water bottles.
As modified access to the Fieldhouse is available, memberships will not be automatically cancelled; however, memberships that extend into the impacted dates can be paused or cancelled without penalty. Arrangements can be made by emailing email@example.com.
Facility Access for Vaccination Clinic
Patients of the vaccination clinic will enter the TCC through the main entrance. Volunteers and directional signage will guide you to the Fieldhouse location. To delineate flow through the building, most patients will be directed to leave the Fieldhouse through a different exit. Exceptions will be made for those with mobility concerns. Please follow the direction of staff and signage.
Facility Access for Facility Users
Facility users will enter the TCC through the main entrance. To accommodate patients of the vaccination clinic, residents accessing other areas of the facility may encounter directional changes. For the health and wellness of residents and staff, please follow directions and be respectful of staff and other patrons. Your patience is appreciated.
Patrons accessing the TCC Fieldhouse will be asked to use the stairs to the second level and walk to the far corner of the building to another set of stairs to get to the floor. Patrons with mobility issues will be permitted to use the Vaccination clinic hallway, after checking in with Interior Health staff for approval.
The TCC will remain open for regular use with regular operating hours. This includes the Fieldhouse, Wellness Centre (gym), Athlete Performance Centre, Hillside Stadium, and the Canada Games Pool.
Interior Health vaccination appointments at the TCC will be scheduled between the hours of 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday and from 11:00 am-5:30 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Drop-in basketball and table tennis have been suspended at this time. Drop-in Pickleball is available through pre-registration at Kamloops.ca/PerfectMind.
For the duration of the vaccination clinics, designated parking has been reserved for clinic patients and patrons with limited mobility (see map). All patrons may experience limited or alternate parking options and should try to arrive early to allow adequate time for parking.
Important Health Links
- Immunization phases: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/plan
- Interior Health COVID-19 vaccine information: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/covid-19-vaccines/
- Other helpful information: ImmunizeBC.ca