The Canada Games Aquatics Centre (CGAC) is a competition ready facility located within the Tournament Capital Centre geared towards providing an accessible, fun, and advanced facility for residents, visitors, and competitive athletes.
Pool features include:
- 50 metre indoor pool
- Eight swim lanes
- 1 and 3 meter diving boards and a 5 meter diving tower
- Leisure pool
- Hot tub with accessible lift to provide direct access for wheelchairs
- Three fully accessible change rooms with adjustable beds, overhead lifts, and wheelchair-accessible showers and sinks
- Secure and inclusive change rooms and common areas
- Accessible entrances
COVID-19 Operational Adjustments:
This facility and its programs and activities are impacted by COVID-19 restrictions and public health guidelines. View the COVID-19 Operational Adjustments to learn more on the impacts.
Pre-registration is required for all public, leisure, and lap swims as well as for fitness programs like AquaFit until further notice. Swimmers are able to register online at Kamloops.ca/PerfectMind. Registration opens at 9:00 pm on August 24 for all the swims up until September 10.
Pre-registration will open on Saturday's at 8:30 am for bookings starting the following Saturday through Friday. For example, registration opens Saturday, August 28 for the week of Saturday, September 11- 17, and so on.
Care aids and support workers will be able to call to register for themselves and their clients on Fridays at 8:30 am.
If you are having any difficulty with registering online, please call 250-828-3655. If you do not have a PerfectMind account already with the City, please register online at Kamloops.ca/PerfectMind.
- All swimmers in summer lessons up to and including Swim Kids 3 (programs in the leisure pool) must be accompanied by a responsible person who is at least 16 years of age.
- Swimming lessons have a one parent to one child ratio for all lessons up to an including Swim Kids 3.
- There is no public swim scheduled during swim lessons.
- Check the Fall 2021 Activity Guide for updates.
Regular Rates - Effective March 5, 2021
- Rates include free access to the indoor track, when available.
- Children aged 3 years and under and TRU Students with a valid U-Pass scan swim for free.
- Children aged 6 years or under must always be accompanied in the water and be within arm's reach of a parent or other person aged 16 years or older. The ratio of children aged 6 years or under to parent/guardian must be no greater than three to one.
- A family is a maximum of two adults and all the children under 18 years of age who live in the same residence. A legally dependent person with a disability will qualify regardless of age.
- The family punch card can only be used for adult admission when swimming with an eligible child or a legally dependent person with a disability.
- Patrons with a disability pay the age rate and their care aide is admitted for free.
Frequent Asked Questions
All regular pool users will access the pool through the TCC main entrance. All users, including swim lesson participants, must check-in at the registration desk and will then proceed to the change rooms through the glass doors to the right.
Pre-registration is required for leisure swims, public swims, and for AquaFit. Pre-registration is available online through PerfectMind—Kamloops.ca/PerfectMind—or by phone at 250-828-3655. The schedules for the Canada Games Aquatic Centre and Westsyde Pool are available at Kamloops.ca/Swim and are subject to change based on Public Health orders.
The Universal Change Room provides all pool users with their own private space to change and shower. Resembling the former family change rooms, each individual use change room has a shower stall and dry change area with a bench. Stalls have full height solid walls and doors for maximum privacy. There are 20 individual rooms, 11 family rooms (larger), 1 special needs room, plus 3 full accessible change rooms with adjustable beds, overhead lifts, and wheelchair-accessible showers and sinks.
Within the change room area, there are now individual use bathrooms as well. The space outside of these rooms is shared space for facility users of any gender. Clothing or swimsuits are required in all areas outside of these stalls.
Individual use change rooms provide improved privacy and accessibility for many users, including those who have personal health requirements or mobility challenges, those who are transgender or non-binary, and those who may require assistance from someone of a different gender—including children and the elderly.
In addition, this model provides increased safety and security for users, reduced wait times during peak traffic times or high-volume events, and separation of pool and fitness users.
An unintended benefit of the individual use change rooms is the increased separation of pool users in the change room during COVID-19. This decreases interactions and provides a reduced risk of transmission.
All children 6 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult in the water.
TRU Students must visit the TCC in person and present their U-Pass to activate a free semester swim pass.
Each scheduled swim determines what pool space is available depending on which swim you choose. Please ensure when you register that you have selected the correct swim you desire.
Lap Swim (50 m) - This is for lap swim only, no water running is available at this time.
Lap Swim (25 m) – This is for lap swim only, no water running is available at this time.
Laps and Leisure – Includes the lap lanes, leisure pool and the hot tub.
Public Swim – Includes the lap lanes, leisure pool, hot tub, deep end and diving boards.
The new entrance (next to Sage Sport) provides direct access to the spectator area, which has been redesigned for improved accessibility and functionality. Event spectators no longer need to enter the TCC lobby, cross the pool deck, or climb stairs. In addition, the new entrance provides direct access for swim clubs and reduces lobby congestion. Regular pool users will access the pool through the TCC main entrance and will not use the new entrance.