We are part of the Recycle BC Printed Paper and Packaging (PPP) recycling program. This program outlines what materials are accepted in the curbside recycling program. For details, download the Recycling Guide or download the Waste Wise Kamloops App.
You can help ensure that more materials are recycled by following these steps:
- Keep your recycling loose! Place materials loose in cart or bin.
- Flatten and cut boxes to fit inside cart or bin (staples and tape are accepted).
- Place shredded paper in a securely-tied clear plastic bag.
- Empty and rinse containers, and recycle all caps and lids.
- Put metal lids inside cans and squeeze slightly.
- Ensure the seal and coffee grounds are removed before recycling single-use coffee pods. Foil seals can be recycled. Plastic-lined-foil seals cannot be recycled.
- Return deposit beverage containers for a refund.
- Remove leftover food, plastic liners and wrap from flats.
For other recycling options, use the Waste Wizard in our new Waste Wise Kamloops App.