In Phase 2, residents helped inform the development of a growth strategy with supporting policies to guide and manage land use. The focus was on two potential land use scenarios to accommodate population growth to a population of 120,000, and draft goals and policy directions under KAMPLAN’s 10 topic areas:
- land management and development
- transportation and mobility
- parks and recreation
- economic development
- arts, culture, and heritage
- community well-being
- health and safety
Several activities were held to gather input, including:
- 20 self-facilitated community "OCPizza Nights"
- 3 Roadshow events at area malls and the Farmers’ Market
- 17 formal group meetings
- 2 youth engagement sessions
This report highlights the results of Let’s Ta!k Phase 2, identifying the engagement opportunities, the resulting key themes and the individuals who participated.