The scope of the project includes necessary capital maintenance, repairs and due diligence of Westsyde Pool, including the following:
- replacing the mechanical system and boilers with energy-efficient options
- replacing the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system
- adding acoustic panels to decrease sound levels
March 23, 2020 - May 11, 2020
In 2016, Westsyde Pool’s natatorium building envelope and roof were removed and reconstructed as part of the first phase of construction necessary to keep the facility operating. After the completion of Phase One, it was noted that additional investment in the building’s HVAC and pool boiler systems would be required at a later date.
Now, in 2020, a complete replacement of the HVAC, mechanical, and dehumidification is required. Once complete, the repairs will provide fully balanced mechanical and HVAC systems that will minimize future energy costs and humidity impacts on the building envelope. Acoustic panels will be added to the natatorium to improve acoustics on the pool deck and decrease sound levels.
During the initial public consultation prior to Phase One of this project, the community was highly supportive of investing in public recreation infrastructure and, since reopening, the pool and fitness facilities have seen increased attendance. Undertaking the necessary improvements will ensure that the life of this facility is extended.
Users have two options for their membership during this period:
- They may cancel their pass for a pro-rated refund; or
- Keep their pass active to access the gym facility.
During the closure only, Westsyde memberships will be accepted at the Tournament Capital Centre for full-access use.
These options are only valid:
- For passes purchased prior to March 23, OR
- For passes that expire during the closure.