The City has contracted with Eagle Rock Constrution to construct the new section of Grasslands Boulevard between Woodrush Drive and Cantle Drive, resulting in the completion of Grasslands Boulevard from Batchelor Drive to Westsyde Road.
- Sidewalk, curb and gutter (east side of Grasslands Boulevard)
- Curb and gutter (west side of Grasslands Boulevard)
- Improved lighting
- Improved drainage system
- New water services
- Construction of new Grasslands Boulevard (Woodrush Drive to Cantle Drive)
- Turning restrictions off Woodhaven Drive and McQueen Drive to eliminate property acquisition and make the intersections as safe as possible. Alpine Terrace at Grasslands Boulevard will also be closed for safety reasons
- On-street parking (on Grasslands Boulevard north of Alpine Terrace)
In conjunction with this project, a new traffic signal will be installed at Grasslands Boulevard and Westsyde Road.
- Project added to the Development Cost Charges (DCC) Bylaw in 2004
- Purchased 868 Alpine Terrace Dec 2015 (demolished home to connect north and south portions of Grasslands)
- Project budget estimated at $2 million
- Preliminary geotechnical overview conducted in 2015
- Preliminary design January 2016
- Informational meeting #1 for residents most impacted, January 20, 2016
- Public Open House February 18, 2016 to present preliminary design
- Final design November 2016
- Informational meeting #2 for residents most impacted, November 15, 2016
- Tender for construction Fall 2016
- Final meeting with residents most impacted, April 10, 2017, to review final design
- Construction began week of April 10, 2017.