NOTICE: Inspection Requests: The City of Kamloops is revising the time frame to request an inspection for building permit projects. As of March 15, 2020, inspection requests will need to be completed by 2:00 pm one day before the required inspection. Inspections can be requested from the the Building Inspection Section by calling 250-828-3300 or on MyCity (if your project is registered).
A Building Permit is required in order to:
- erect a new building or structure, including retaining walls over 1.2 m in height; swimming pool; and hot tubs
- to demolish, relocate, repair, alter, or make additions to an existing building or structure
A siting permit is required for sheds 10 m² or less.
A Building Permit is not required for:
- fences, sidewalks, and planters
- retaining walls that are less than 1.2 m in height
- painting, decorating, and general maintenance
- minor repairs, using the same or similar materials, for maintenance that does not affect any electrical or mechanical work
Applicable fees are listed in Building Bylaw No. 11-80 (Appendix A).