Give Less Garbage
The holiday season can generate an extraordinary amount of garbage for our landfills. Follow some of these tips to reduce waste:
- Give culture: Memberships for Kamloops Museum and Archives, Western Canada Theatre, Kamloops Symphony, or local art galleries bring joy throughout the year!
- Give wellness: Activity punch cards, swim or skate passes, or recreation facility memberships combine fun and fitness!
- Give time: Set some dates and go explore! Pick a few outdoor (or indoor!) spots you've always wanted to visit, and give invitations to your friends and family to explore those spots with you!
- Give local: Visit craft fairs, the Farmers' Market, and local stores to find handcrafted items for your nearest and dearest!
- Give skills: The Winter Activity Guide has great gift ideas that will give your loved ones a chance to learn new skills!
- Give again: Refurbish old furniture, polish some silverware, or find gently used toys and books that will bring joy for years to come!
- Take stock of what you already have! Fabric, old maps, calendars, magazines, and newspapers work just as well as new wrapping paper.
- Choose materials that will last. Jars, paper bags, boxes, and gift bags can be used over and over again!
- Get creative! Turn wrapping into a creative activity for the kids. Potatoes make great natural stamps.