We are part of the Recycle BC Printed Paper and Packaging (PPP) recycling program. This program outlines what materials are accepted in the curbside recycling program. For details, download the Recycling Guide or download the Waste Wise Kamloops App. You can also use the Waste Wise Wizard from you computer any time to learn how and where to recycle items.
The City accepts some plastics in curbside recycling, while other plastic materials material must be returned to a Recycle BC Depot. Find out more about recycling plastic. New in 2019 is Recycle BC's Other Flexible Packaging Program, which provides opportunities to recycle a wider variety of plastic materials. Learn more about differences between "plastic bags and overwrap" and "other flexible plastic packaging" here.
You can help ensure that more materials are recycled by following these steps:
- Keep your recycling loose. Place materials loose in cart or bin.
- Flatten and cut boxes to fit inside cart or bin (staples and tape are accepted).
- Place shredded paper in a securely tied, clear plastic bag.
- Empty and rinse containers, and recycle all caps and lids.
- Put metal lids inside cans and squeeze slightly.
- Ensure the seal and coffee grounds are removed before recycling single-use coffee pods. Foil seals can be recycled. Plastic-lined-foil seals cannot be recycled.
- Return deposit beverage containers for a refund.
- Remove leftover food, plastic liners, and wrap from flats.
Don't forget, you can use the Waste Wise Kamloops app any time to find out what can be recycled and where in Kamloops.
Free Landfill Items
Did you know that there are variety of items you can recycle for free any time at the Mission Flats Landfill? These include:
Other Accepted Items*